Lizard Island Day Tour Escape the World for the day.
This Lizard Island day tour starts with a low-level scenic flight from Cairns.
You will have six hours to explore, swim, and swim in this pristine location during your day.
For the past 30 years, this area has been attracting the World’s top Marine Biologists and has become home to one of the World’s most important reef research stations.
Lizard Island is a granite island about 10 square kilometres in size, with three smaller islands nearby. Together these islands form the Lizard Island Group, and their well-developed fringing reef teeming with marine life encircles the 10-metre deep blue lagoon.
Lizard Island is 250 kilometres north of Cairns. The islands are six high islands surrounded by the Coral Sea.
Islands in this group
- Lizard Island
- Palfrey Island
- South Islands
- Osprey Island
- Seabird Islet
- Eagle Island
The Lizard Island National Park manages this location.
Take your pick of a secluded beach or take part in a tour of the island.
- Having 23 white sandy beaches, undisturbed, Lizard Island is considered one of Australia’s most exclusive destinations for the occasional footprints.
- It retains a certain mystique due to its remote location.
- When you arrive on the day, it is yours to do as you wish. You can choose to relax alone on a secluded beach.
- Enjoy the company of a small group on a guided tour. Snorkel the world-famous Clam Garden or take a walk to the “Blue Lagoon”.
- The choice is yours!
- 0700 – Hotel bus transfers from your Cairns City Accommodation
- 0800 – Depart Cairns
- 0900 – Arrive
- 1000 – Morning Tea
- 1030 – 1200 – Free time
- 1200 – Lunch
- 1230 – 1400 – Free time
- 1400 – Afternoon Tea
- 1430 – 1545 – Free time
- 1600 – Depart
- 1700 – Arrive back to Cairns
- 1730 – Transfer bus back to your Cairns City accommodation
- Return scenic flights via Great Barrier Reef and the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest
- Hotel transfers
- Local guide National and Marine Park permits and insurance
- Lunch Snacks
- Snorkel gear and safety gear
What to bring
- Sun protection
- Bottle of water
- a dry change of clothes
How to get there
How do you get to Lizard Island?
Daintree Air operates scenic flights taking you from Cairns directly to Lizard Island.
The flight is 132 nautical miles from Cairns.
For your safety and comfort
Transfers to Lizard Island are conducted on a fully airconditioned multi-engine aircraft. This aircraft is capable of flying in all types of weather conditions.
Guests are provided with floatation devices and stinger suits free of charge for use on this tour.
This tour departs on demand and is subject to minimum numbers, weather, Terms and Conditions.