Atherton Tablelands, Waterfalls and Paronella Park
Explore the magnificent World Heritage Wet Tropics Rainforest. Traveling through the Atherton Tablelands, visit iconic waterfalls and natural wonders while enjoying this boutique tour in air-conditioned comfort. Undoubtedly a highlight of the trip, finish your day at the stunning Paronella Park.
Travel through the Tablelands and swim in majestic waterfalls! Millaa Millaa Falls is by far the most popular of all. It is a favorite with tourists wanting to get that perfect photo to make all their friends at home envious. Surrounded by stunning rainforests, the water cascades down into a beautiful swimming hole.
Then visit the Must-Do tour, Paronella Park. Voted as the #1 must-do’s in Queensland by RACQ. You will learn about the fascinating history of this iconic Queensland location. Everything was built with determination by hand. Using hand-poured concrete, you can still see the fingerprints of Jose Paronella which were left behind. A working hydroelectric system was built using the power of the waterfall. Stroll through the extensive grounds and explore this fairy-like garden. More than 7000 trees were planted, the most impressive being the giant Kauris which line Kauri Avenue.
Put this tour into a fabulous package! Experience the very best of FNQ by clicking HERE
On our Cairns Tropical Experience tour, we will visit some of Far North Queensland’s top attractions. Including Millaa Millaa Falls, Curtain Fig Tree, Lake Barrine, Paronella Park and the mysterious Babinda Boulders (if time permits). With absolutely breathtaking scenery, it’s the perfect place to cool off and have a swim.
- Pick up from your accommodation usually between 7:15 am, and 7:45 am depending on where you are staying in Cairns.
- Lake Barrine Crater National Park
- Devonshire Morning Tea
- Curtain Fig Tree
- Millaa Millaa Falls
- Lunch at The Falls Teahouse
- Paronella Park with a 30-minute guided tour of this unique Spanish Castle
- Tropical Fruit Farm
- Babinda Boulders, Wooroonooran National Park – time for a swim in the fresh mountain water (if time permits)
- Arriving back at your accommodation between 5:30-6:00 pm
Standard inclusions are as follows:
– Morning Tea & Lunch
– Visit to Lake Barrine & Guided walk to the Twin Kauri Pines
– Priority Entry, 30 min Historical Guided Tour & up to 2-hour stay at Paronella Park
– Visits to Walsh’s Pyramid, Heales Lookout, Yungaburra, Curtain Fig Tree, Malanda, Crawford’s Lookout, Millaa Millaa Falls, Mena Creek & Theresa Falls
– National Park Fees
– Complimentary pickup & drop off from Cairns CBD Accommodation.
Please Note: Return Transfers from Northern Beaches Hotels are $30 per person – Payable directly to the Driver.
Infants: Infants travel free of charge if carried on the parent’s lap. If you would like the infant to occupy a seat, there is a charge of $70 – this includes the supply of an infant seat/booster (please advise age)
What to bring
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, swimming costume and towel.
- Cash / credit card as you visit two very well-equipped gift shops with mostly locally-made products.
- Water bottle.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour does depend on minimum passenger numbers to operate. We will advise at the time of booking if the passenger numbers are below the threshold and will monitor and re-confirm your booking once passenger numbers are met. Please ensure you call to re-confirm your tour 48 hours prior to departure. If the tour is not able to operate, we will offer alternative dates of travel, or work with you to find an alternative tour.