Kuranda Skyrail gives you a truly unique view of the rainforest. Your view is stunning as you drift above the lush tropical canopy. The Skyrail was designed with stunning views in mind visitors all enjoy the spectacular views over Cairns, out to the Coral Sea and Green Island. Indeed is the most environmentally friendly way to visit the rainforest!
Discover an ancient rainforest
You will be able to immerse yourself in the sights, sounds, smells and tranquillity of the oldest rainforest on the planet. Unlike other rainforests, the Daintree Wet Tropics remain unchanged for over 130 million years. Therefore it is one of the most botanically fascinating.
Kuranda Skyrail Stations
Red Peak Station has a beautiful walk along a boardwalk through the rainforest. With this in mind, allow roughly 20 minutes to complete. You can find lush ferns, palms, butterflies, birds and giant rainforest trees.
Sooner than later, it is time to jump back on the gondolas. Next, we will stop at Barron Falls Station. Next, take in the views of the famous Barron River Falls
Meanwhile, make sure you download the Skyrail app to your phone before departing. While you glide through the rainforest, you can listen to commentary along the way. Learn about the rainforest and how the Skyrail came to be.
Perfect for those staying on the Atherton Tablelands. This is a self-drive option, departing from Kuranda. On the other hand, for those staying in Cairns, click HERE to book your Kuranda Skyrail experience.
Questions people ask
How long is the Kuranda Skyrail? The Kuranda Skyrail is 7.5 kilometres and glides over and through ancient tropical rainforests.
Is the Skyrail worth it? Sure it is a beautiful way to see the rainforest from over the top and through the centre of the lush tropical rainforest.
Taking the Kuranda Skyrail one way and the Kuranda scenic railway the other is a marvellous way to visit Kuranda.
The best thing about the Skyrail?
- Stunning Rainforest views
- Iconic Skyrail Cableway
- Barron Falls
- Barron Gorge National Park
- Kuranda Village
- A one way Skyrail experience will take approximately 90 minutes to complete. If you are joining the return service please allow at least 2 1/2 hours.
- Arrive 15 minutes before departure at either Smithfield or Kuranda terminals
- Barron Falls station will provide you with an amazing view of the Barron Falls
- Take a complimentary guided boardwalk tour and find out about our unique ecosystem.
- Learn more at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
- Red Peak Station is 545 metres above sea level. Our 175-metre boardwalk provides the opportunity to explore the rainforest from ground level.
- When approaching the first station – Red Peak, your gondola will descend through the canopy layers and take you deep into the forest.
Have an even better experience!
For an amazing experience, upgrade to our unique glass floor gondola. These gondolas allow our guests an uninterrupted view of the treetops and the forest floor below. Diamond view gondolas carry a maximum of 5 passengers. Departures from the stations are roughly every 7 minutes.
- COVID 19 – Skyrail Rainforest Cableway will send a health questionnaire email to you the day prior to travel.
This must be completed prior to travel. If any guest does not meet the pre-screening requirements, travel may not be permitted.
- Gondolas depart constantly throughout the day. Bookings are made in 15-minute intervals.
The first departure is at 9:30am. The last round trip experience departs at 2:15pm from Smithfield or Kuranda. The last one-way experience departs Kuranda at 3:15pm.
Please let us know your desired departure and return times. Keep in mind, including the 2 stops along the way, a one-way journey will take approx 1.5 hours.