Barron River Rafting Half-Day tour
The Barron Gorge National Park is a protected area located in Queensland, Australia. Firstly, the park takes its name from the Barron River, which flows through it and cascades over the Barron Falls, forming a breathtaking natural attraction. Additionally, the park covers an area of approximately 2,712 hectares and is part of the Wet Tropics World Heritage Site. Moreover, for decades, the area’s stunning scenery has made it a tourism hotspot. Specifically, its dense rainforests blanketing towering mountains, the commanding presence of the Barron Gorge, and an array of waterfalls, creeks, and streams, including the Barron River.
Hosted on the Barron River, this fun rafting tour is a half-day tour. Therefore, this Barron River rafting tour is indeed an adrenaline rush and a fantastic introduction to white water rafting.
In addition, the 66 MW Barron Gorge Hydropower station ensures that water levels remain constant throughout the year. This Barron River rafting tour departs daily from Cairns and Port Douglas (or you can self-drive to Lake Placid). Finally, there is no need for prior experience to participate in this rafting tour, as the world-class River Guides will take care of everything.
Explore more fun things to do
Take a scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef
Explore the Daintree Rainforest
Up to 2 hours of white water rafting
- Depart Hotel at approximately 2.00 pm
- Then meet at Lake Placid at 2.30 pm
- Barron River White Water Rafting
- Return to Hotel at approximately 5.30 pm
- Return transfers (if not self-driving)
- 2 Hours of White Water Rafting on rapids up to grade 3
- As well as all Tuition
- Safety equipment
- River Guides (professional and certified),
- Stunning Rainforest and ravines of Barron Gorge National Park
Shoe Hire, Snacks and Souvenir Photos
There is a mandatory $30.00 per person Rafting levy, which is payable on the day of travel.
What to bring
What to bring?
- Your ticket to board
- Cash/credit card for optional extras and Pay onboard Levy $30 per person
- A cap or sun visor able to be worn under your safety helmet
- Water-resistant 15 + sunscreen but do not apply to the back of your legs
- Swimming costume and towel. (you will need to have your swimming costume already on when you are picked up)
- Secured footwear is mandatory – lace-up shoes or sandals that will get wet (limited shoe hire available at an additional cost)
- Some money for photos and souvenirs
- Change of clothes
- We strongly recommend you bring an extra t-shirt or rash vest to wear under your life vest to prevent sunburn
- Finally, enthusiasm for an Awesome day!
How to get there
Lake Placid Carpark @ 2.30 pm : 101 Lake Placid Road (wait with your car, rafters must not enter the caravan park)
The minimum age to participate is 12 years. For your safety, you will not be permitted to raft if we detect you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol and in these instances, no refund will apply. If you have any medical conditions you are worried about, please talk to our friendly team.