Cairns Skyrail – Discover Tropical North Queensland’s Rainforest Experience
Cairns Skyrail is located 20 minutes north of Cairns. The Skyrail spans between the towns of Caravonica and Kuranda. It is the perfect way to see the rainforest. At the same time, this tour offers great flexibility for people who wish to visit the “Village in the Rainforest”. Not to mention you will get to explore the famous Kuranda Markets.
About the Cableway
Not only beautiful but also sustainable too! Cairns Skyrail is the perfect example of ecotourism. Specifically engineered to make the most of the views, there’s no better way to see the rainforest! Not to mention, as the Skyrail takes you high above the canopy, giving you unrestricted views!
Stretch those legs!
Stop off at not one, but two different stations to explore the rainforest from the ground. Red Peak Station boardwalk has a self-guided option. On the other hand, if you have time, why not join one of the Guided Walks. Likewise, the Barron Falls Station provides a birds eye view of the Barron River Waterfall.
To combine the Cairns Skyrail with the Scenic Train, click HERE.
- Your gondola will descend through the canopy layers and take you deep into the forest
- Red Peak Station is 545 metres above sea level. Behind the station, you will find a 175-metre boardwalk. This is a great way to explore the rainforest from ground level
- Take a complimentary guided boardwalk tour and find out about our unique ecosystem.
- Barron Falls station will provide you with a view of the majestic Barron Falls
- Learn about the rainforest at the Rainforest Interpretation Centre.
- A one way Skyrail experience will take approximately 90 minutes.
For this reason, you should allow at least 2 1/2 hours for the return journey. Why not spend some time in Kuranda ‘The Village in the Rainforest’. In that case, allow at least another hour or so for a wander.
- Return Skyrail Experience, departing from Smithfield or Kuranda.
- Tour Includes return transfers from Cairns City Accommodation.
- Stops in all above-listed stations
Additionally, why not upgrade your experience?
For a spectacular view, upgrade to our unique glass floor gondola. These allow our guests a unique view of the treetops and the forest floor below. Diamond view gondolas carry a maximum of 5 passengers and depart stations approximately every 7 minutes.
What to bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Water Bottle
As well as your camera!
In any event, we recommend reconfirming your tour 24-48 hours prior to departure.
Wheelchair access is available. Please let us know at the time of booking so we can arrange the access for you.